My Crazy Life

My life as I live it....

14 March 2007

A quick snapshot at what has been going on the last two months

Too many things have happened in the last two months. I think if I would try to write it all down here now, my head would would explode! So I will write the highlights and if you have any questions, please email me!

The last post about my doings I mentioned I was going to see the wind ensemble perform that I normally play it. I did get to and it was really good to see band people again. I miss being in a band, and I don't know if it will happen this semester.

Then I went to Taiwan for two weeks! That was a really great trip. I was priviledged to see my cousin, Anna, who's blog you find on my links. She teaches English there as a missionary and it was really neat to see what she does. I was really happy to get to see her again, especially since her being half the world away and me being busy at home anyways, we don't get to see each other very often anymore. She teaches three kindergarten classes and then a fourth grade class. Her students are all soo cute! We also went everywhere on the moped, that was fun. I also was priviledged to see someone name Yule, whom I had seen in Wisconsin when I visited friends. That was neat!

That was one week, during the second week I visited students who participated in graduate programs at my school. It was really neat to see what their lives at home are like and not just know them as they were abroad. They showed me around Taipei and area. That was really neat, I got to hike in some mountains, see pottery and meet their families. Those two weeks were really good because I learned a lot about their culture and how important it is that missionaries, like my cousin, are there. People, everywhere in the world, are in need of the message of Christ.

After Taiwan I flew to Germany. First I went to Bonn and spent 4 weeks at the Goethe Institute there. The class was really good and I learned in it. My classmates were also neat. There were two Tanjas from the Ukraine that both teach German for a living, yet they didn't know each other! Also while in Bonn I was able to see a friend, Carrie. We had both been exchange students in Germany in the same program several years ago. It was really neat to see each other again in the country that gave us the opportunity to meet each other.

Together Carrie and I went to Amsterdam, where we forgot to bring our hotel information with us, made for an interesting first night of trying to find it and not finding it until after midnight, and we went to Karneval in Cologne. I will be putting photos up of that in facebook shortly. Right now I am almost finished with my photos from Taiwan. Soon Amsterdam should get up there and no, no redlight district and such for us.

Now I am in the south, where I am studying for a semester. I need to search for classes and pray the classes I want are not full yet. It will be interesting to see what I end up taking. On Saturday I am going to attend the Long NIght of Museums, that should be interesting. Tonight we talked a little bit about busses and trains and trying to get back to where we live.

Ok, that is the major brief run down of what has been going on. There are many stories and many things to share, way to many to type here right at this moment. Hopefully I will post more frequently now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares